Frequently Asked Questions
1. What time is check in?
You can check in anytime after 4 PM on the day of your arrival. Early check in exceptions are not usually available and must be approved by the Spencers.
2. What time is check out and is it flexible?
Checkout time 10:00 AM. On time check-out is essential (unless you get an approval from the Spencer's). It takes the cleaning staff the entire day to get the house ready for the 4:00 P.M arriving guest. There is a $100 hourly charge for checking out late unless you have approval.
3. Do we need to bring toiletries?
We provide starter provisions of toilet paper, paper towels, shampoo, and dishwater detergent. If you have a large party or have an extended stay planned, you will want to bring some extra toiletry supplies. There are several markets just outside the community where toiletries can be purchased.
4. Do we need to bring firewood?
Yes, it is a good idea to bring firewood. There is a nice firepit on the patio that is great for group gatherings and smores. You can purchase firewood at local markets just outside the community if necessary. There is also a gentleman that comes to the community and sells firewood.
5. Are pets allowed?
There is a strict no pet policy.
6. Are there any mosquitos?
Most of the year mosquitos are non-existent. if you are renting in August or September, you may be exposed to some mosquitos so it is a good idea to bring some repellent.
7. Where is the best place to buy groceries?
If you haven't purchased groceries ahead of time, the best major grocery store close to us is Calimax (off Highway 1). It's a 20 minute drive from the house back towards Ensenada. If you are just looking for some basic food supplies, you will find several markets just outside of our community on Highway 23. We recommend you to stop by the store before you arrive at the house.
8. Is smoking permitted?
There is no smoking allowed.
9. Are motorized vehicles allowed on the beach?
No, ATV's and other motorized vehicles are not permitted on the beach. This is a strict policy and motorized vehicles on the beach will be confiscated. On a positive note, you can use kayaks, bikes, jet skis, paddle boards, surfboards, and other aquatic related toys.
10. What are the expectations when checking out of the house?
On the last day of your stay, it is important to follow the guidelines laid out in the renters manual provided by the Spencer's at the house. This includes: Turn off all the lights, please make sure to lock the doors, please close all the windows, rinse food of dishes before placing dishes in the dishwasher (so it doesn't clog the pipes). We do have a garbage disposal.
11. Is there a BBQ?
Yes, we have a BBQ island on the patio with a sink included in the island. The BBQ is setup for charcoal, so you will want to make sure you bring charcoal with you or it can be purchased at the markets outside the community.
12. Is there a washer and dryer at the property?
Yes, we have a full laundry room that includes both a washer and dryer for renters to use.
13. Are the linens and towels provided?
For your convenience, we do provide linens and towels. Please don't use the linens provided to clean your personal belonings (cars, tires..e.t.c). We appreciate your support!
14. What do I bring?
- Bring a butane lighter (a long one) to light; the fireplace. (Please do not place wood in this gas fireplace) and the outdoor gas grill and the oven.
- Bring mosquito repellent, (especially for the kids).
- We provide plenty of towels (regular), we do recommend you bring beach towels.
- Bring some toilet paper and dishwasher detergent. we provide you with a starter kit of; toilet paper, paper towels, trash bags, laundry detergent, dishwasher detergent and coffee filters. you could however run out. these items can be purchased locally .
- Bring bicycles, you can bike along the shoreline when the tide is out, for further info click here!
- For a lazy vacation bring plenty of plastic forks, spoons and knives, paper plates, cups, and napkins. if you choose not to we provide plenty of dishware and glassware.
- Bring some large trash bags.
- Bring bottled water
Costco is now in Ensenada! Most everything can be purchased at Costco (Costco will honor your american membership card). There is a smart and final in Ensenada. You can buy some essentials at the mini-market five minutes from the house toward the Bufadora.
15. What is the minimum stay for renting the house?
We require a minimum rental stay of 3 nights at our Baja House.
16. Is there parking available and how much?
There is enough parking for 2-3 vehicles on the street in front of the house and additional parking across the street, if necessary. We do not allow parking in the driveway for a number of reasons.
17. Are there any additional fees required when renting the house?
The rental fees paid when booking the house will cover your stay at the house. However, it is important to realize that we collect a $400 security deposit prior to your stay as a safety measure against potential damage to the house. After you complete your stay at the house, the home will be inspected to make sure no damage occurred.